Wednesday 30 January 2013

The big water-slide!

Milla's little friend, Ciara, celebrated her birthday at the outdoor pool, and we couldn't wait to go! First Milla wrapped her present, and wrote her a nice card - all by herself :-) She is getting so good with writing these days, I'm very impressed.





 The party was in the pool and they played heaps of games and had lots of fun!

Milla in her pink swimsuit with her back to the camera 

And then - the BIG FINALE! The kids could have as many go's on the big water-slide as they wanted!!!

I didn't really think Milla was up for that, on her own! I mean, perhaps if I went with her.... But no, she did not want me to go with her! 'Mamma, I want to go by myself, ok?' So off she went. 

For sure, I thought she would change her mind. If not at first, then at least half way up, cueing up those big, daunting stairs! But she didn't change her mind - and went all the way down the big water-slide just like that! 

I was there, ready to comfort her, when she came up from the water. Surely she would at least need a big cuddle after that scary ride?! But no, she  just gave me a little wave and said 'I'm ok, mamma', and then she went lining up for another go with a big smile on her face and laughter from her tummy! My little Milla really is a big girl now!


Half-way up... very brave little girls!
There she comes - can you see her in the middle of the slide?
SPLASH!!! I'm ok!
Waiting for another turn
SPLASH!!! Milla is in the middle of that big water-splash!

That was fun!
Time for birthday cake!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment