Monday 21 January 2013

Birthday morning

I am so lucky to have an amazing man and three gorgeous girls (and a cuddly dog) to surprise me on my birthday morning!

In the wee hours, they all snuck up to prepare CHOCOLATE Y CHURROS for me! After living in Spain, ONE local dish I have grown to LOVE, is hot chocolate con churros. The Spanish do not joke around when it comes to chocolate. Spanish hot chocolate is made with dark chocolate and is thick, rich and delicious. Chocolate and churros is a pair that you must eat together. One without the other leaves you feeling less than satisfied. The ultimate taste sensation of... cinnamony, sugary sweetness with cocoa and warm, thick, dipping chocolate! Soft and warm stuff we absolutely need to make at home once in a while! And I got it served for my birthday - along with so much other goodies!



There was chocolate cake, Haighs chocolate from our local chocolate factory (mmmmm...), french macaroons - and the most wonderful cards my girls had made for me!












...along with a love letter from MrC (that under strict instructions, I am not allowed to reveal the content of!). 

Safe to say I was very spoilt and had the most amazing day. My birthday-wish was for a bike ride along the beach. We all rode to Henley Beach Square and had ice-creams from the 'hole-in-the-wall' gelateria. The sun was shining. I count my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment