Thursday 21 February 2013

Be my Valentine

So, Valentines Day came and went. I was spoilt with lilies, my absolute favourite flower - and they are still blossoming beautifully.

The girls wanted to bring some Valentines treats to school and pre-school, so we decided to bake. I had bought a little cake-cutter with an inbuilt letterpress, and finally got to try it! One of the letterpress inserts had the wording 'Sweetheart', and I was inspired by a friend's wording on their Valentines cards last year, saying 'Sweet Hearts for my Sweetheart'. So adorable! Sally, who is incredibly resourceful and possesses endless creativity - have a blog was well, have a look at her Valentines post on Littlehiccups, or other ideas and projects she has done. 

Agnes, Elliot and Milla rolled the dough and cut out all the cookies. I loaded them in the oven for baking. And our sugar cookies turned out just perfect! We wrapped them in little bags and added a fold over-label on top:
Sweet Hearts for my Sweetheart
Happy Valentines Day
Love Milla, Agnes and Elliot





Be my Valentine?

2 comments:

  1. Your cookies look fantastic! What a great cookie cutter. I think I need one ;)
    I was looking forward to baking something again this year for Valentine's Day but no sweets are allowed at school :( We went with Valentine's tattoos instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tattoos sound like a good idea - I'm sure the kids loved them! I love the cookie cutter. There is four interchangeable print pads that fits into the cutter, and this one was perfect for Valentines day. To be honest the bikkies didn't taste all that great. I found a sugar cookie recipe via Pinterest, but won't be using that again. It was a bit 'nah' in flavour, but they did look good, lol.

      Delete