Saturday 24 October 2015

Happy birthday me!

So, this year I celebrated my birthday away from the family :-(
At least we talked via cyberspace - hurrah:




Here in Canada we went out to dinner at a fancy steak restaurant (Alex bought a selfie-stick and was waiving it above other tables in order to get a group shot of us :-) )




Strawberry daiquiris, steaks, ribs and escargots....mmmmm!




...but the WORST béarnaise sauce I have ever tasted!!! Look - that is not béarnaise! It is lumpy butter !




And that was what I thought was the end of a great birthday night. Nooooo-no-no...about 10 minutes after we came back home - I had hopped into my PJs and heard a knock on my door. Sara was there asking me to come over to their condo to talk about study stuff, so off I went.

I open the door, and......SURPRISE!!!! The girls had organised and decorated for a surprise birthday fiesta! How sweet of them. Gorgeous girls with warm hearts!



They even got me a present - en engraved picture frame 'Canada 2015'
And a cake with coloured light flames!








They even made me a paper flower bouquet!

Here is a video they took when I walked through the door!



Another year bygone. I am blessed. Do not regret growing old. It is a privilege denied to many.




No comments:

Post a Comment