Saturday 5 July 2014

Frozen birthday cakes

This year the girls asked for...what else but a Frozen theme! Because we were so extremely busy in the beginning half of the year (work, studies, more studies, kids, school, Gregg away, my work travels...yadayadayada...), we really didn't have lots of time to spend on the birthday cakes. In fact, the girls' birthdays had to be scheduled almost 4 weeks after their real birthdays, as this was the only weekend that both Gregg and I were home at the same time! It's times like these I wish my mum could just hop on over and stay with us to help out for a week or two. Mamma, we need a time-machine, haha :D

Anyhow, we got our baking on and made some awesome chocolate mud cakes. Then we just iced them and cut out snowflakes of royal icing for decoration. On top we put our Frozen figurines and we made them a bit festive by draping a birthday banner between Anna and Olaf and Elsa and Sven. And of course Anna and Elsa held the birthday flags for Agnes and Elliot. With 6 lights on top, we were ready to celebrate!



We also made cupcakes for everyone with snowflakes....

...the girls were taking photos of it all...hmmm, I wonder who they're taking after...:D

Elliot loved the cakes so much she wrote me a thank you note on the fridge...aaaaawwww



We also make ice-cream piñatas for party-bags again as in Milla's birthday party



All done, ready to head to our roller-disco to party! One cake at my feet, one in my lap - picture by ms Milla :D

2 comments:

  1. I love how you write ".. then we just iced them"... Ha ha, I wouldn't be able to do JUST anything do get a cake remotely this amazing!!!! OAW!!!!!! You are one talented mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww, thank you, vennen! The girls were happy = me happy :D

      Delete