Sunday 22 April 2012

G'day Bodil!

My regular coffee shop is Gloria Jean's Coffees, and every time I stop by, I hear from the counter: 

'G'day, BODIL, how are you today? The regular Iced Mocha?'

I know, my name is not Bodil, that's my mum. And it all started way back. I missed her so much, that one day upon ordering my coffee (they always ask what's the name for the order) I said: 'Bodil'. And they said: 'Beaudill?', and I replied 'yep, that's it'. Since then they have remembered my name, and every time I get a coffee they greet me by that name. It's been a few years now, and it's too late to backpedal and change it. Particularly since last year when they issued new frequent sipper's cards, mine came as 'Bodil', and now I find it quite nice actually. I get to see my mum's name on my coffee every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment