Sunday 3 August 2014

Friday night art opening

 Time to daydream amongst poppies and dandelions... We have had another exciting weekend starting with the art opening of my beautiful friend, Helen McKnockiter! Her opening night was held at a little treasure of a book-boutique called the Mockingbird Lounge. It is a second-hand book store and coffee shop offering literacy excitement to Glenelg's Broadway community. 

And Helen's paintings and illustrations, of course! Her exhibition is named 'In Bloom' and on the SALA (South Australian Living Artists Festival) website she explains: "I love flowers. This exhibition is a series of paintings to showcase some of my favourite flowers and the emotions they invoke".

Ms Milla ready to see Helen's artworks!

Her art was scattered amongst the books - here illustrations on wood on top of the shelves.

I wish you the love of reading and a book at your bedside table every night...Both Milla and I love the smell of books. What better spot for afternoon tea?!

Milla and Helen

Helen's paintings are gorgeous and alive. If you want to see more you can at her page Helen McKnockiter Painter and Illustrator. Milla says, Besta, I bet you would love her work!

1 comment:

  1. Helt rett MILLA , i love the artists work. Wish i could be there and bye me one. Fin kosestund for deg og mamma. Klem Besta.

    ReplyDelete