Sunday 8 June 2014

Sanctuary Cove: Yay, I got a computer…????

Well, we went on this holiday with Besta and Besten to celebrate Besta's big birthday - she was turning 60, and the birthday morning was finally here!!! Because we already had passed on our presents (she got her Rimowa dream-suitcase before we took off), she did not suspect any more surprises on the horizon...how wrong was she! That morning at the breakfast table we were waiting for her...and waiting...and waiting.... I can't believe the girls managed to keep it a secret for so long! And when she finally arrived we were sooooo excited to show her our surprise!!!

We had started a whole YEAR earlier to prepare. Because my mum owns everything already, and because she is so special to me, I wanted to surprise her with something special: a birthday book with pictures, greetings, memories, and warming words from family and friends from all walks of her lifetime. I know that so many people really appreciate and love her, and I wanted to collate all that love, and pass it on to her on her big birthday celebration.

One year earlier I started sending out letters, emails and text messages; I searched high and low for family members, old friends and contacted her colleagues (some of whom I have never met!) -  thank goodness for Fcebk and the Internet! Everyone was so excited to be a part of the surprise, and I cried a lot (happy tears) when all the beautiful letters and funny old pictures started arriving in my mailbox. I am so happy we managed to keep it secret, and even Elliot (who can never keep a secret!) managed to keep quiet!

Now the morning was here! We were waiting at breakfast for Besta to arrive...

Kakao-mustache!
She is here!!! I think she has spotted the pink present at the end of the table...
Birthday jitters!
And birthday doughnuts and a birthday song early in the morning :D

Here we go...what, for meeeee???


Everyone is eager to help her unpack
What, I got a computer??? (the photobook was printed via Apple and had the apple logo on the outside, hahaha)

Oh, it is a book?





Laughing at Besten's old mustache






I hope she could feel just how loved she is. My mum is a very special lady who always goes out of her way to do nice things for everyone else all the time - now it was time for all of us to make her feel special!!!






We are lucky to have a mum, Besta and mother-in-law like you, mamma!!!
We wish you rainbows and fireworks
XXXXX

2 comments:

  1. Åååh ja, vilken fantastisk present!!!
    Nu undrar ju jag... när var ni egentligen på er semester...? Är detta en väldig catch-up post, eller är det inte en julgran jag ser i bakgrunden..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, jo du har helt rett - det er over juletider. Jeg har bare ikke fatt blogga siden da og hadde sa mange fine bilder fra da de var pa besok....veeeeeelig pa etterskudd :D Har vart sa mye ekstra jobbing og reising med jobben siden nyttar at det ikke har blitt tid til blogging i det hele tatt! Lever pa minnene na og drommer meg tilbake til ferien....trenger ferie igjen:D

      Delete