Thursday 4 July 2013

Stone-soup?

Ok. I got this note from Milla telling me they were making stone-soup. This is what I did: took the girls out collecting rocks and soil samples, thinking it was for a huge mud cake/pie/soup they were 'cooking' at school the next day. After all, they ARE learning about the earth and minerals and land composition and all, so it made sense to me that 'peas' would be little rocks.


But how wrong can a mum be! We arrived in class the next morning, and all the kids had brought REAL vegetables....there were kids with sweet potatoes, broccoli..you name it, every vegetable was there. Except Milla's peas!!! Uh-oh!

But how on earth was I to know that stone-soup is a vegetable soup?! After googling it, I see that it is...sigh. This is like a while back when I came for a school parent-teacher interview with Milla's teacher in the evening (Rosemary - do you remember?). As I entered I saw all these kids, and one of Milla's class mates came up to me and said: 'where is Milla?'.... I looked around, and all parents had brought their kids!! And Milla's teacher looked at me in a funny way as if I was from a different planet...'what? You didn't bring Milla to the interview??' Well, how was I supposed to know that I was meant to bring the STUDENT as well to the interview....??!! I looked and it said absolutely nowhere on the note to bring the student. Now I know, and I can't wait to the next parent-teacher night:) I'll come prepared with all the three rascals!!

4 comments:

  1. Inte lätt det där att veta hur man ska göra! :) Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nei, det skal vare sikkert og visst, lol!

      Delete
  2. Ava's class made stone soup a little while back too. The note that came home about it was a little more explanatory though ;)

    Parent teacher meetings here are just for parents and teachers so I can how you would presume the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is all very confusing. Yet, I seem to be the only one confused.....lol! All the other mums seem to have it all down pat! Perhaps it is because I work full time I seem to miss out on the school yard chat delivering and picking up. Mostly Gregg does the pickups etc so messages are not relayed unless they are in writing in the communication book. But, I really have no idea of what is expected and it is very frustrating because there is always something I miss out on information wise:( Makes me a bit stressed:(

      Delete