Sunday 5 February 2012

From Alice Springs to steak-night

I just arrived back home in Adelaide from a week up in the heart of Australia - in Alice Springs. Although it was mostly work (but so much fun!), there is always something special about the 'red centre' and every time I go there, it feels like coming home. Here we have just landed - and it is HOT, hot, hot!

Out to dinner with Kerry and the gang, we had a visit from this little fella; a little bearded dragon! Difficult to see him, I only had my iPhone and not a proper camera. But he was too cute!



I have to say - it is not easy to be away from the girls and G! I missed them a lot. Especially since Milla turned 5 whilst I was away - and she started school! But every day we had breakfast together via Skype, and we had dinner together before reconnecting at bedtime for a story - gotta love Skype!

Friday night, I finally arrived back  home where G and the girls had planned for a steak night - and Elliot was the head chef!


...BIG steak for pappa....


...with lots of the new bush spices that I had brought home as a souvenir from Alice Springs...





...and a little bit of homegrown and dried thyme...



Aaaahhhh, it is good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment